What's Rosie up to?

Monday, January 25, 2010


Rosie is getting bigger and smarter by the second. She's learning a new word every day, like today she learned how to say Ikea, but it sounds like Ikara (Yes I know, we go there WAY too much). She's just too darn cute with all the stuff she's been saying.

The other day I sneezed and she said "bess do Mommy". She's also been calling me "honey" lately. I'm not really sure where she got it from because Dave calls me "hun". I'm pretty sure she knows she being cute when she says it because every time she does, she giggles. Every morning, Rosie pushes my door open, just wide enough so she can see me, and says "Hi honey! Honey heeping, Dodeph heeping, Daddy heeping." (Mommy sleeping, Joseph sleeping, Daddy sleeping) She's always giving me hugs and saying "honey!".

If she wants someone to wake up she'll say "cock-a-do-doooo wake up!"

Rosie is also great at playing guess the song. I'll hum the tune of a song and she names it, usually within the first 3 seconds.

She's been majorly curious about boxes and things in packages. She'll shake it and even if it isn't something she would want she still hands it to me and says "opid it" (open it).

She's been sleeping in her big girl bed lately and Dave will sleep on a mattress in her room just in case she gets up in the middle of the night. The other day she got up and was feeding Dave imaginary food. Well a few minutes later, she fed Dave Sudocream. I woke up to Dave saying "Oh yucky Rosie, that's not food! Don't feed that to Daddy" as he rushed to the bathroom to wash out his mouth.

My favorite thing that she's been doing lately is that she's being super affectionate. She'll come over to me and ask to be picked up, or she'll hug my leg. She's been climbing on my lap and asking to cuddle and giving all of us kisses. The other day we went grocery shopping and she was starting to get tired. She reached up to be picked up, so I did. Within minutes she was sleeping on my shoulder. Awww she's just so cute! Last Sunday I came downstairs to find Dave and her sleeping on the couch together. I just love that she's being so lovey right now.


Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

0 comments: