To Do List

Monday, July 12, 2010

Lately I've been feeling overwhelmed. So overwhelmed in fact, that it's paralyzed me. All I've wanted to do is... nothing. Sit on the couch, watch mind numbing TV, check facebook for the hundredth time that day, take yet another nap, etc. We've all felt like this before and it SUCKS! Really, there's no reason for me to be feeling this way. I have a lovely home, cute kids, a great husband, and it's summer time. I've just gotten into a bit of a rut, and I need to move out fast. I decided to make myself a little to do list of things that, once accomplished, I will feel MUCH better. Here they are...

1. Fix the zipper on my diaper bag
2. Make the wreath that I have the supplies for
3. Cut fabric for Rosie's quilt
4. Go for a run
5. Iron all the shirts hanging in the laundry room
6. Give myself a pedicure
7. Read a chapter of a relaxing book
8. Take time to pray, to really talk with God
9. Touch up the paint in the kitchen
10. Hang the picture of the temple

There's a lot more to do, of course, but these things won't take more than an hour, and I'll feel very accomplished when I'm done. It's going to take baby steps for me to get out of this rut I'm in. I want to feel better so that I can be a better Mother to my children. They can totally sense it when I'm feeling off.

Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

0 comments: