A Day of Firsts!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today Rosie got her very first Barbie! She has been playing with Gabrielle's and Anna's Barbies and she absolutely loves them. She's such a girl! She also loves princesses, so much that she insist on wearing her princess dress every moment of every day. Well, today she was asking if she could have the queen and the mermaid (she's referring to a Cinderella doll and an Ariel doll that she found at my in-laws). Obviously I wasn't prepared to drive to the next town just so she could play with the queen and mermaid. I then remembered that in my collection of Barbies... yes I collect Barbies, still in the boxes (I wonder where Rosie gets her girliness from)... I had a Cinderella Barbie that wasn't one of the rare collectibles and I didn't really care too much for it. I decided it was time to give Rosie a little present. She was shaking with excitement as I opened up the box and gave her the Cinderella Barbie. She also really wanted to play with Prince Charming, but I didn't have a Ken doll for her. Luckily Dave is so resourceful and gave her a Mr. Wonderful doll to be the Prince. Heck Mr. Wonderful says all the right things "let's just cuddle tonight" that he might as well be a prince. Rosie was happy with that and played with Mr. Wonderful and Cinderella all day and I'm shocked that she left them on the counter instead of bringing them into bed tonight.

Today was also a day of firsts for Joseph. Today he took his first steps!! He's almost 14 months and still isn't walking, even though I know he's capable. He's been walking around furniture for a really long time, he climbs on everything, and he can go from standing to a squat position with great control. He just chooses not to walk. Well today I had him hold my finger and walk around the room. He did this perfectly. Then Dave stood him up and I sat in front of him, holding out my arms and said "come on Joseph. Walk, walk, walk." He took one brave step before falling on his cushy butt. We all cheered and clapped. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll walk sooner than Rosie did (she was 17 months). Go Joseph, GO!


Oh, also today I put on my wedding dress for Rosie to see. She LOVED it and kept on calling me a princess. Thankfully I was able to squeeze into it thanks to the corset back, but it was a firm reminder of the weight I've gained since my wedding. Time to shape up!


Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

0 comments: