The Savior of the World - Musical

Sunday, March 14, 2010


Next week is opening night of The Savior of the World musical production put on by my stake, and yours truly will be performing in it, or trying to perform. I wasn't planning on being in the play at all because I'm WAY too chicken to sing in front of people, especially since there are people at church that are amazing, and I would hate to be compared to them. So the play held auditions, and I didn't audition. The cast was chosen, and my plans were to show up in the audience.

WELL.... about a month ago I got a call from a friend begging me to take her place in the cast because she was worried that she wouldn't be able to, due to health issues. I have to admit that I was very hesitant, mostly because I didn't know how I was going to juggle rehearsals and family. I probably would have said "no" if it weren't for Dave's encouragement. He promised to take care of the kids for me and told me that I would be great and that this was a great opportunity. Let me just say that I'm glad he convinced me.

I had actually said a prayer a while back (I almost forgot about that) asking Heavenly Father to help me become a better singer and to help me learn how to sing in harmony. I've always wanted to be one of those people who can just harmonize with anyone, during any song, and believe it or not, I've been practicing. Yes I've been practicing with the LDS music player online where you can select which part of the song you would like it to play. I also try to get Dave to sing the melody of a song, and I try to sing the alto. I'm still working on it and I feel sorry for anyone who sits beside me in church because I must sound like crapola.

So any way, play practice has actually been a lot of fun. It gives me a chance to meet cool people in the stake, get out of the house, without the kids - well almost without the kids (Dave brings them during lunch so I can nurse Joseph). There's so many nice and hilarious people in the play and we've been having a blast! Brother Bigley, the director, has been working (and praying) really hard to bring this play together and he's doing a great job.

So like I said before, next week is opening night. Wish me luck!!

Me Ka Aloha
-Elisabeth

0 comments: