Getting Back on Track after SOTW

Monday, March 29, 2010

Being in the play has been a lot of fun. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to participate and meet some new friends, but that's not really what this post is about. I guess for the last month and a half, being totally bombarded with rehearsals and performances, I got completely off track with my life, kids, house work, scripture study, sleep... ugh, just everything. I would wake up in the morning, hang out with the kids, maybe throw in a load of laundry, lunch, naps, and then at 4:00 pm start to get ready for SOTW. I'd get in the shower, do my hair and makeup, and then be at the church for 5:45 pm and come home sometime around 10:30-11:00pm. I would be so exhausted when I came home, that I'd just jump on facebook, then hit the sac.

Last night, as I lay in bed (around 1 am) Rosie woke up. She ran to the gate and started to whimper and call my name. I thought if I ignored her, she's go back to bed. I was wrong. After about the hundredth time hearing her say "mommy" I went in to put her back to bed. I picked her up and sat down on her bed and she rested her little head on my shoulder. As I sat there hugging her I started to realize how much I missed her while I was in the play. I hadn't had a lot of quality time with her and I hadn't been there the last few nights for bedtime prayers and stories. I then had this profound feeling as if someone was saying "this is YOUR daughter, you little girl, your first baby." Now obviously I know that she's my little girl, but I guess sometimes I forget that she's so special. She's not just some kid that runs around messing up my kitchen cupboards and eating gold fish crackers. She's MY baby, the baby that used to grow in my tummy, that used to be 7 pound 11 ounces, that made me a mother and better person. She's the girl that was sent to us from heaven, to be part of mine and Dave's life forever. I can't really fully explain how I was feeling last night, but I just felt a lot of love for Rosie and gratitude for having such a beautiful child of God in my life. I sat there hugging her, crying happy tears, as she quietly fell asleep in my arms. I sat there for a few moments longer, until I tucked her into bed, kissed her goodnight, and went to bed myself. I left her bedroom that night with a desire to spend more quality time with her, to be a better example, and better mother to her and Joseph. Rosie truly is a gift from God and I love her with my whole heart.

I'm grateful for little experiences that help me remember the most important things in my life.

Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

0 comments: