Gratitude!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here's a list of just some of the things I'm grateful for.

1. My children. They are cute, adorable, full of energy, precious little gifts from God. Each of them are so different in personality and even how they look. Watching them grow and learn each day is such a joy. Seeing their smile every day makes me so happy. I love them all so much!


2. My husband. I couldn't ask for a better companion and father to my children. He is such a hard worker and ambitious person. I love spending qua
lity time with Dave and love watching him spend time with the children. I look forward to an eternity with him.

3. My family. We're so lucky to live near both our parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, and other extended family. They're so much fun and I'm so glad we all get along. There isn't any family politics or fighting. I feel so blessed to have so many loving people in our lives. Also particularly thankful at this time to have Jane, Autumn, and Iris visiting from Hawaii. They're a lot of fun to hang out with.


4. Friends. We have a lot of great friends in our lives. I'm actually particularly grateful to be meeting up with Linda from Sweden (whom I haven't seen in four years) this week!!


5. My health. I often take my health for granted, but when I get sick or have an injury, I realize how valuable my health is. I'm so glad to be free of any major health issues and to feel great the majority of the time.


6. Fitness. I'm thankful that I have been physically able to run 5 km non-stop. I'm also thankful to have lost almost 20 pounds and that I can fit into my pre-pregnant jeans and fit into my wedding rings.


7. My house. Yes we're growing out of this house and yes there are a lot of things I'd want to change, but our house is great in so many ways. It's a cute ho
use that a lot of people compliment whenever they come in. I get a lot of people saying "wow, nice house" when they walk in the door. I also love how it's seconds away from Rosie's school, and minutes away from church.

8. My car. It's comfortable, safe, and nice looking. It's just great.


9. Warm, fresh, running water. I love that whenever I want some clean, fresh water, all I need to do is turn on the tap. It's like magic every time. I'm thankful that I can drink the water, and bathe in the warm water and that it's so readily available.


10. My bed. It's the best bed I've ever owned.


11. The city, province, and country I live in. It's beautiful here! There's beautiful parks, waterfalls, lakes, and trails in this area that constantly remind me how lucky I am to live here. I live in a country with great opportunities, freedoms, and social benefits. Canada has always been in the top 3 places in the world to live!


12. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It's such o
f source of strength in my life. I learn so much from church and love the spiritual boost I get from attending church every Sunday. I love knowing that Heavenly Father loves me and is watching over me. I love knowing that I can pray to Him whenever I want and He will listen.

There's a lot more to be thankful for, but I'd be writing for a REALLY long time if I were to write it all out.


Thank you God for blessing me with such a beautiful life!!

Me Ka Aloha

- Elisabeth

0 comments: