Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games and Valentines Day

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The time has finally arrived. The 2010 Vancouver games have finally begun and I'm so excited!! I LOVE the Olympics so much and I'm so happy to 1) be a stay at home Mom so I an watch all the events, and 2) have satellite TV with PVR so I can record the stuff I miss. The opening ceremonies were great! Dave of course, being the patriotic Canadian, nature lover, loved everything about the opening ceremonies. He loved the nature scenes and the fiddlers. My favorite part was when they made it look like whales were swimming across the floor. I also really enjoyed watching all the athletes enter the stadium. The Italians had some pretty classy uniforms. Today Canada finally won a gold medal, the first gold medal won by a Canadian on Canadian soil. It was won by Alex Bilodeau in moguls. GO CANADA!!!

Today is also Valentines Day. We made some cherry chip Valentines Day cup cakes and went to visit Nannu at his nursing home in Brampton. It was nice to see him as usual, and Rosie had fun running around the dinning room and making the other residents laugh.

Speaking of Valentines Day, here's a cute picture taken earlier this week that is full of so much LOVE. What a nice thing to wake up to.

Also for Valentines Day, Rosie let me paint her toes pink (I told her I was giving her "princess toes" since she into princesses now).
Tomorrow is the 2nd annual "Family Day". I'm looking forward to relaxing with Dave and the kids and watching some more Olympics!

Me Ka Aloha- Elisabeth

0 comments: