Sleeping Beauties

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Mom is always getting into something new and fun. Once it was puppets, now it's princess dresses. It's pretty awesome because my kids have a great collection of puppets and Rosie now has an adorable princess dress (sorry Joseph, this doesn't benefit you too much). Well any way, I decided to let Rosie try on her dress and she LOVES it! I wasn't sure how she'd react but she kept on saying "pincess dess" and looking at herself in the mirror. She even cried when Dave tried to take it off of her. Now let me just say that I too LOVE the dress. It's made by a company called Little Adventures. They decided to make dresses that were washable, comfortable (no itchy fabric), and easy for kids to put on themselves. My Mom loves them so much that she's become a distributor (yay!!!) Alright, I'm getting off topic. Back to Rosie. Well she loved the dress so much that we let her wear it all day. While Rosie was eating her peanut butter sandwich, she fell asleep. This is a common occurrence in our house. She refusses to take naps and then out of complete exhaustion, falls asleep eating (why while she's eating? It's beyond me). So there she was, dressed like a princess asleep on our couch!

Later on that day I brought Joseph upstairs to change his diaper. I put him down on my bed and gave him some toys to play with as I watched him. He was playing on his tummy but a few minutes later he stopped playing with his toys and put his head down on the bed. He just laid there staring at me with his "lover eyes" he just had this look on his face like "Mommy, you're the love of my life" He laid there, not even blinking, all peaceful for about five minutes until he fell asleep. It was such a cute moment. I wish he would fall asleep gazing into my eyes every day.

I love these little moments so much! Life really is BEAUTIFUL!

Me Ka Aloha

- Elisabeth

0 comments: