Smartie Pants!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

If you know Rosie, you know that she doesn't like to perform. If you say "Rosie, what color is your shirt?" She'll just turn away, but she darn well knows what color it is. If you're lucky and catch her when she's in the mood, she'll answer your questions, but most of the time she will keep to herself. Any way, it's been difficult for me as a parent to know how smart Rosie actually is because she doesn't like to show you how smart she is. I just have to catch her on a good day, like today!

I had an issue of the Ensign sitting on the couch and Rosie picked it up. She pointed to the picture of Thomas S. Monson and said "Thomas!" How cute is that?! Then she decided to open it up and look at the pictures. She saw Dieter F. Uchtorf and said "Dieter!" Then she looked at me and said "where's Jesus Christ?" I flipped through the pages and found a picture of the First Vision, and said "there he is!" She then pointed to Joseph Smith and said "Joseph Smith!" Wow, I guess she IS learning something when I try to teach her about the church. Then I found a picture of the Salt Lake Temple and said "look, it's a temple." Rosie then sang the first line of "I love to see the temple" which I sing to her almost every night before bed. I sang it to her again and she listened intently. So I guess one thing I learned today is that she is totally absorbing everything I teach her, and I need to continue teaching her good things and not give up, even if I think she's not getting it.

Another thing she's been saying lately is "E bit ibit" Dave heard her say it that other day and asked me if I knew what she was talking about. We were both stumped. Then the other day she said it again and I thought, "hmmmm could she be saying 'Elisabeth'?" I asked her to say Elisabeth and she responded with "E bit ibit" so maybe that's what she's saying. I'm not 100% sure yet because she doesn't really say it in context with anything else and sometimes if i ask her to say Elisabeth, she'll say it differently. If she IS saying Elisabeth, well, that's pretty darn cute, although I wish she'd still call me "honey" like she used to.

Well, it's getting late and I the next few days are going to be busy as heck. I have a newsletter to do for the quilt shop, grocery shopping, clean the house, finish planting flowers in the garden, laundry, run in the Moon and June 5 km race, and throw an awesome birthday party for the J man. I'm also going to post before and after pictures on my health blog, along with Joseph's birth story on his birthday. Yikes, I better schedule sleep in there sometime.

Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

0 comments: