Is Joseph talking?

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I forgot to mention this in my last post. When we were on our first test drive, Dave was driving, the car salesman was in the front passenger seat, and Joseph an I were sitting in the middle section. I think Joseph was really excited to be riding next to me and he was giggling and waving at me the entire time. I said "hi Joseph!" and then he said "eye dada." I thought, ok that's just a fluke, so I tried it again. "Joseph, say hi dada." He said it again, with the same tone as I did. He did this about 6 times in a row. Wow, what a smart boy! He's been saying it a lot lately. It's just too cute!

Today before bed I was hugging Rosie and I said "Rosie, can you say I love you?" "I love you, I love you, I love you." Then JOSEPH said "I dub you"! Ya I know right... he's totally TALKING! I tired again... "I love you" and Joseph repeated "I dub you." He said it with the exact same tone as I did! Rosie knows how to say I love you (well, she says I lub you) but she's too stubborn to say it most of the time. At least one of my kids, Mr. Lover Boy will say it often. I guess that's ok that Rosie refuses to say it as long as she keeps on giving me cuddly snuggles.

Speaking of Joseph, he just woke up and I can hear him crying in his bed. Will he ever learn to sleep trough the night? Maybe he could sense I was talking about him. I better go save him from his evil playpen.

Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

0 comments: