Joseph's words at 18 months

Monday, December 13, 2010

Joseph is just over 18 months now, which means he has to go to the Dr. for yet another check up and immunization (poor little guy). I've got to say, I absolutely HATE sitting there, with him on my lap, anticipating two needles going into my cute baby's chubby legs. I'm know he hates it more, and that Dave hates it more than all of us combined. Dave is the BIGGEST wimp when it comes to needles. He'd rather get punched in the face than give a blood sample. Any way, I digress... this blog post is about Joseph. He was supposed to see the Dr. today, but since he's a little sick and on antibiotics, we had to reschedule. At the 18 month check up, besides the dreaded needle, the Dr. will ask a number of developmental questions. One of those questions is "can your baby say at least 50 words". That sounds like a lot for an 18 month old and most parents panic and think their baby is delayed. The funny thing is that MOST babies can say more than 50 words at 18 months, parents just never take the time to count them. So today, I'm writing down everything he can say and how he pronounces them with his little baby voice.

1. Mama (obviously)
2. Dada (this was his first word)
3. More. He uses this in a sentence saying "I want more" or in Joseph talk "my wan more"
4. Ok but it sounds more like "ah-kay"
5. No but it sounds more like "nah"
6. Cup, but Joseph says "cup-ah nun" He adds "ah-nun" to a lot of words.
7. Tummy or "tum-may"
8. Cuddle or "ka-dle"
9. Christmas. He'll only say this if you first say "we wish you a Merry..." and he says "kam-mis"
10. Cookie or in Joseph's words "kah-kee"
11. Nana
12. Banana or "mana" That's how Rosie used to say it.
13. All done or "a dunnn"
14. Up or "up-ah-nun" or "up-ah"
15. Dora
16. Camel
17. Monkey "ma-key"
18. Elmo or "amo"
19. Diaper or "dapee-nun"
20. Baby or "be-bee"
21. Open it or in Joseph's words "ah-pen it"
22. Bath or "baa"
23. Cow
24. Two
25. Purple or "pa-ple"
26. Rosie but he says it like "Ra-dee"
27. Airplane or "a-pane"
28. Amen
29. Ball
30. Boots (usually referring to the monkey on Dora) "boo"
31. Car
32. I'm going to get you (yes that is several words) "Ida get do"
33. Yogurt but he says it like "ya-gut"
34. Book or "book-ah"
35. Help me "hap mea"
36. Your welcome but he says it like "a weh-kum" If you tell him to say thank-you, he just respond with "a weh-kun"
37. Nose or "nah"
38. Yes or "yah"
39. Grandma or "ga-ma"
40. Yay
41. nap or "nap-uh-nun"
42. Dear Zoo (it's a book) "deew doo"
43. Puppy "pup pae"
44. There "dare"
45. Sock or "hawk"
46. I drop my shoe "a dop a do"
47. backpack or "baa paak"
48. Map or "maa"
49. oh no sounds more like "oh nah"
50. water "wadurn"
51. Cat in the Hat or "cat in in hat"
52. Thomas or "tom-ah"
53. I love you or "Ah wove do"

See there you have it, over 50 words. He says more than that I'm sure, but I can't remember them all.

Me Ka Aloha
- Elisabeth

0 comments: